News — Essential Maintenance Work
From Thursday 8 July essential maintenance work will begin on some of the walkways, roads and bridges around the Galleries.
The work is essential maintenance and due to its nature, the closure of specific areas is unavoidable to ensure that we keep visitors to the Galleries safe.
Our intention is to minimise disruption as much as possible. All stores will remain open throughout the work.
Whilst the works take place, access to all areas of the Galleries will also be maintained with signage in place to direct visitors to the nearest entrances and exits.
Our staff are also on hand to help at all times.
From Thursday 8th July.
The first area to be worked on is the road and walkway next to the entrance at Ladbrokes and Asda.
This will mean:
- The closure of the main Centre doors at Ladbrokes and walkway to Asda’s entrance.
- Asda will remain open.
- Closure of the stairs at the bus station.
- The walkway, stairs and ramp from car park 10 to the entrance.
- The road leading to the disabled car park will also close.
- The disabled car park will remain open.
- Signage in the Centre directing shoppers to other exits and the internal entrance to Asda.
- Signage in car park 10 to directing pedestrians to the down ramp in car park 11.
- Two-way traffic management on the down ramp to keep the disabled car park open with signage directing traffic to this route.
- Signage at the bus station directing shoppers to the escalators and lift.
The next phase in the essential maintenance work on the walkways, roads and bridges around the Galleries starts on Monday 19 July.
This work will see the footbridge at the Retail Park at Matalan to the path at KFC/Tim Hortons close until 27 August.
Access to and from the Galleries will be via the bridge at Sainsbury’s to M&S or the walkway leading from the Retail Park to the car parks outside of Sainsbury’s which are marked on the map below.
We apologies for any inconvenience caused during these essential works.